With back-to-School season in high gear, college kids everywhere are emptying the shelves of dorm essentials such as bedding (XL twin sheets, anyone?), cookware and decorative items.
One place they’re shopping is the Dorm Stop in stores and at jcp.com, where they’ll find a handy checklist that also includes electronics, travel items and even NCAA-licensed products with university logos. Signs in the Dorm Stop include special “QR” codes that will pull up the checklist on a mobile phone when scanned.
For jcpenney customers in college towns such as Gainesville, Florida, Back-to-School begins earlier than in most places. Store 479, which is just four miles from the University of Florida campus, is a prime destination for back-to-campus shoppers. Many parents and students arrive long before the first day of classes, so the store sets its dorm displays earlier than most stores.
Items in school colors sell quickly at the Gainesville store. “We can’t keep enough orange and blue in stock- whether it’s a coffee maker, a toaster, a backpack, or Converse shoes,” said Merchandise Execution Manager Corinne Conner. “If it’s in orange or blue, it’s flying out the door.”
Of course, many items not on hand at the store can easily be ordered via Findmore. And thanks to jcp.com, even while mom and dad are miles away, our ship-to-store feature allows them to send more college essentials and gifts to a jcpenney near campus for easy pick-up.
What makes jcpenney the ultimate destination for college-bound students?
• The Dorm Stop has cool and affordable merchandise for dorms or apartments, as well as luggage and backpacks.
• The Dorm checklist on jcp.com. The QR code in stores can pull up the checklist on a mobile phone.
• The Fan Shop on jcp.com features a vast selection of college team merchandise.
• Gift Registry offers a Dorm Registry for needed and wanted items. (Great idea for graduation or going-away gifts!)
• Items bought online can be shipped directly to the student’s address or nearest jcpenney store.
Did You Know?
Jcpenney has had a store in Gainesville since 1956. The University of Florida is one of many schools with which our Company enjoys a strong relationship. This past year, jcpenney hired more graduates from UF than any other college, and the University’s Miller Retail Center is named for David F. Miller, former vice chairman at jcpenney.